Saturday, January 1, 2011

Expectations..........................2011!!!

In life we all have Expectations. From the time we are very young we have expectations from what we will eat for dinner to, what toy we will be getting for Christmas, to who and what we will be when we grow up, to what car or house we will own, to what kind of person we want to marry and on and on and on.

As I continue on this journey with God i am reminded of something simple that there are really only around two expectations that we should have 1. God Always Shows Up 2. Expect the Un-Expected. If we allow other expectations to come about well at least in my life i have found that i then allow other things to also come into my life. Things such as doubt, and disappointment.


Diana touring the NYERO ROCKS site during ACF Uganda 2010 December missions.
Diana in the Pharmacy

Last night as I was talking with a fellow Missions team mate I was just reminded that God showing up and being number 1 in my life is the only Expectation I can have without allowing doubt in my life. Last night I was sad and frustrated and so was my dear friend. So I just began to think I have to get rid of any expectations that do not put God as the number one priority. That His will for my life and for those around me has to come first. That sometimes even if we think that something is suppose to happen at a certain time or certain place that ultimately God is in control and we don’t always have to understand. That as long as we are following his will and he is coming first in our lives, that are what is important. God Always Shows Up!


So whether it is finances, timing, where i will be staying, what I will be eating this next year is about laying down those expectations and letting God show up. Letting God show up in every aspect of my life. It has been nice being part of ACF 2010 December missions. I love you all!

Thanks Again For All Your Prayers, Love and Support,
Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment.